Recent Talks and Presentations
- July 15-16, 2017. Singularity U Global Solutions Program, Inventing the Future: Getting Started Workshop (slides)
- February 2016, AsianPLoP 2016. Keynote: New Patterns for a New Computing Era, slides(PDF)
- February 2016, Forward JS Conference, Making a Standard: Inside the ECMAScript Sausage Factory, slides(PDF)
- November 2015, View Source Conference, ECMAScript 2015: What Took It So Long? video, slides (PDF)
- April 2015, Philly ETE, ECMAScript 6: A Better Smalltalk for the Ambient Computing Era, video, slides.
- November 2014, Smalltalks 2014,
- December 2011, YOW!, The Web Browser is a Transitional Technology (video), slides (PDF 53MB). Also see the Channel 9 video of me and Rob Manson chatting at YOW!
- September 2011, Strangeloop 2011 keynote, “Post-PC Computing” Is Not a Vision (video) , slides (PDF, 55MB)
- June 2011, Agile Portugal invited talk: Is the Browser a Transitional Technology?
- October 2010, Dynamic Language Symposium invited talk: Mainstreaming Dynamic Languages
Various audio/visual interviews or conversations involving me and hopefully interesting technical topics. They were originally hosted on Microsoft Channel 9 seb site.
Chat with Rob Manson about Ambient Computing and Augmented Reality
If the video file is no longer available using the above link the 743MB WMV file can be download using this link.
This is a 2011 Microsoft Channel9 video featuring myself and Rob Manson having a conversation at the YOW! 2011 conference in Melburne.
Chat with Chris Wilson about ECMAScript 5 and IE9
If the video file is no longer available using the above link the 600MB MP4 file can be download using this link.
This is a 2010 Microsoft Channel9 video featuring myself and Chris Wilson talking about ECMAScript 5 and its support in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9. It’s about 40 minutes in length and I ended up doing most of the talking. Both Chris and I left Microsoft shortly after this so I suppose this was our last official gig as as Microsoft spokesgeeks.
If the video file is no longer available using the above link the 1.36GB WMV file can be download using this link.
Chat with Jon Udell about History of Smalltalk
The audio file is no longer available from its original site but the MP3 can be download with this link.
This is a 2007 audio only conversation where I talk about the the history and impact of Smalltalk. Particularly about the Tektronix/Instantiations/Digitalk part of the Smalltalk story. I don’t recall everything we talked about but I sure there is lots of interesting details for programming language history buffs.